Tuesday, November 15, 2011

DJs - You GET What You Pay For!

A wedding is a once in a lifetime occasion - make sure that you have the right Wedding DJ and tools to make it spectacular!

I read this yesterday and felt it’s a prime example of DJs - you get what you pay for”.  This is the story as it’s written – typos an all….

From “holymitch” on theweddingzonecom….

HORRIBLE!!!! I MUST WARN ALL BRIDES TO STAY AWAY FROM THE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! Their Dj XXXXXXXX completely ruined my wedding. I could not believe how awful, selfish, & lousy this dj was! All my guests truly felt bad for my husband & I yet, even still because this Dj was so cheap, we really got what we paid for (if i could go back in time, i would have just coughed off the money somehow & got a better dj!) & even still, we made the best of it-people still had fun bc luckily, we had to end up entertaining the guests! Here is the list of things that went on my wedding day wrong because of my dj:
1) I am very very particular about music, & i deeply love & appreciate music & wanted my different types of songs. I made an elaborate, detailed song/playlist for wedding for the dj to play. This fool DID NOT EVEN PLAY A QUARTER OF MY SONGS!!! I was truly devastated! he played songs that were not even on my playlist!!!!
2) i was promised a light show to create ambiance for my special wedding day. i met up with this dj several times in person & spoke to him countless times about the specifics of my wedding. I truly wanted special purple lighting along with state of the art lights which would literally reflect on the floor my name & my husband’s name. On the day before the wedding, I find out the dj suddenly has broken lights & does not bother to refund or repair the lights. I was very upset & aggravated because a friend of mine who also booked this dj experienced the exact same issue.
3) The dj’s microphones were horrible! Absoultely crappy! When my loved ones from my wedding party gave speeches, the micrphone kept making annoying, loud screeching sounds & the volume would go in & out. Sadly, this is occurred when I surprised my husband with a song dedicated to him. My guests including my husband could hardly hear me! I was truly disappointed & embarrassed! ;(
4)DJ XXXXXXXX DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DJ! He claims he has like 15 years of experience but he does not know at all how to keep the crowd/guests entertained. For example, he just kept saying all night, “at this time, at this time!” & when my guests including myself confronted him about the music, he completely ignored my requests. In addiiton, Dj XXXXXXXX did not even know how to direct the tables when it was time to eat dinner. The guests were scattered & ended up waiting in line anyway & the priority tables were called last to eat! :(
5) I worked extremely hard on a wedding slideshow for the wedding. I am not joking it took me more than 8 hours to make this slideshow. On the day of the wedding, the dj does not have the proper equipment to play my slideshow. Again, I did not receive a refund!

BRIDES & GROOM PLEASE MAKE SURE WHO YOU BOOK AS A WEDDING DJ! MAKE SURE YOUR VENDOR IS A PROFESSIONAL DJ & TRULY CARING ABOUT YOUR NEEDS! MAKE SURE YOUR VENDOR GETS BACK TO YOU WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING (DJ WAS ALWAYS LATE IN RETURNING MY CALLS OR EVEN NEGLECTED REQUESTS) GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE & I HOPE & PRAY YOU DO NOT ENDURE THE SAME ISSUES THAT I HAD! 


Love it!!

Keep on dancing!

Professional Raleigh DJ and Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment